Friday, November 23, 2007

Response to "When We Dead Awaken: Writign as Re-Vision"

When I began to read Rich's essay thought it would just be a rant on feminism. Yet, as I continued to read I was interested in her views on revision. She says of revision, "Re-vision-the act of looking back, of seeing with fresh eyes, of entertain an old text from a new critical direction." This was the best definition of revision I had ever read. Overall he essay was directed to women writes.
As she talks about womens roles in writing she discuss the changes that have taken place over time in regards to women writers. As she discusses the changes she uses her own writing as an example. I think that this works because it shows the writer how as Rich's perception changed her writing changed.
Overall I think that Rich did a good job getting her point across. I think that including different writing styles within her essay helped to get her point across.

No comments: